The new DASWA Italian Community School will open its doors to the public on SATURDAY 29th JANUARY 2022 from 10:00am – 1:00pm
Come visit the school, meet the teachers, and receive information about our courses for adults, children and teenagers.
There will be activities and workshops for kids and adults alike, as well as some delicious Italian food!
10:00am – Welcome Speech:
👉 Alessandro Vero, President of DASWA
👉 Nicolo’ Costantini, Consul of Italy in Perth
👉 Fabiana Padova, School Coordinator of DASWA
10:30am-11:30am – Workshops
👉 Children Age 4 to 12, Classroom 121: Storytelling ‘Il bambino dai capelli di zucchero’
Guest speaker: Lawrence Rhoads
Teachers: Fabiana Padova for hands-on activities based on the story
👉 Teenagers Age 13 and up, Classroom A120: Il bambino dai capelli di zucchero’ re-invented and presented as a video with iMovie
Guest speaker: Anna Colombi Gadd
Teachers: Elisa Michelini and Ughetta Nolli
👉 Adults suitable for all ages and language level, Classroom A122: How to interpret symbols in works of art
Teacher: Elisa Da Tos
11:30am-1:00pm – Time to socialise! – Room A126/Staffroom
- Refreshments (catering by Bonini Foods)
- Face painting for children
- Meet the teachers, Q&A about courses
- Special discount on Enrolments
- Book sale by Le Toboggan*
- Library of Italian books available for borrowing books
- Classrooms open for viewing of teaching and learning environments
- Don’t take our word for it! Parents of children who attended our courses in 2021 will be available to answer questions.
*Filipa Pinto, Managing Director of Le Toboggan International Children’s online bookstore, will display a wide range of Italian books available for sale on the day.
We look forward to seeing you there!